Finance & Administration Manager
- Type de contrat : CDI
- Pays : Etats-Unis
- Ville : New York City
- Métier : Finance & Fiscalité
- Expérience : Minimum 6 ans
Présentation de la société
For more than 150 years, John Lobb has prided itself in upholding the highest standards and levels of craftsmanship and design in the creation of hand-made shoes and boots for men.
A company of the Hermes group since 1976, the bespoke footwear is still hand-crafted in our workshop in Paris while the ready to wear collections are manufactured in our Northampton factory.
John Lobb owns a distribution network that includes seventeen stores established in eight countries (4 in the US) and works with a highly selective network of partners and authorized retailers around the world.
- The Finance & Administration Manager is in charge and responsible for:
- Ensuring the good implementation of the organization of John Lobb in the US recommended by JL&Co, Hermès and John Lobb in Paris. From the US, coordinating all finance, legal, tax, HR and organization issues by liaising with local consultants and Hermès contacts,
- You will have to be managing the development and implementation of finance and HR policies and procedures with the Hermes of Paris local departments involved in this organization, to ensure:
- > The integrity, accuracy and timeliness of financial and operating data,
- > The optimal protection of personnel and assets,
- > The minimal potential risks and maximum contribution to the financial and business health of the USA branch;
- Ensuring the accuracy and the compliance of the financial reports, tax returns, budgets, estimates, and three-year plans to the parent company, auditors and/or regulatory organizations,
- Monitoring, following and ensuring the compliance of all HR reports and documents to John Lobb employees, the parent company and regulatory organizations in conjunction with the other associated department managers (Hermès or subcontractors),
- Being the referent for local HR admin topics and report to the John Lobb HR Director,
- Using the appropriate tools and procedures, providing proper and timely alerts to senior management and CFO of any elements that may impact the financial results and business goals,
- Being the local referent for Internal Control matters including implementing local procedures and ensuring the entity is compliant with the Group procedures and animating the Internal Control road map.
- This position is very close to the operations and requires an open mind plus multi-disciplines skills to succeed. You will need to be true business partner to the Regional Director with a “here to help” attitude to always improve the business operations.
Élément de contexte
The Finance & Administration Manager will be a very active and important actor in the structuring of the operations of JL&Co in the US.
She/he will be responsible of the coordination of all finance, administrative and HR matters together with the different departments involved in the operations of these subjects and tasks, to ensure the accuracy of the reports transmitted internally (JL&Co, John Lobb in Paris, Hermès of Paris, Hermès International …) and externally (Auditors…).
She/he will oversee the US daily Finance and Administration operations within the JL&Co entity.
Working closely with the US Operations Director, she/he will advise and make proposals on all important topics.
She/he will also work closely with John Lobb CFO and HR Director based in Paris.
Planning, Budgeting and Reporting
- Provide timely and quality reports and memos for consolidation.
- Build the Annual Budget, quarterly estimates and 3 years plan in close relation with Regional Director and CFO.
- Create and monitor adequate KPI’s, reports to manage the activity.
- Alert in case of variances versus budget and recommend relevant actions.
- Build the Store Business plans in case of opening or renovation.
- Direct and coordinate the CAPEX budget.
- Coordinate and organize the financials to provide for JL US annual tax return and sales tax in all 4 states.
Management and risk analysis
- Support the Regional Director on the preparation of the OTB.
- Review periodically the deliveries from the factory to ensure respect of the OTB.
- Constantly monitor the business performance.
- Analyze the stock evolution and provide options to RD to keep a healthy stock level.
- Work with HoP to forecast new regulations.
- Review and submit the CHIC Boutique questionnaires, implement control processes and periodically assess.
- Perform annual stock inventories at store level.
- Liaise with HoP to implement new group procedures and city/state/federal new regulations.
- Oversee and ensure the biweekly payroll is processed accurately.
- Review and approve the commissions, bonus and other benefits to be paid and the annual salary review.
- Be the PoC for any payroll, benefits and employee handbook related questions.
- Budget payroll impacts on the overheads.
IT systems, software, database
- Update the CEGID (retail software) with the new products and prices as required.
- Maintain all finance databases following accounting, management, IT and audit requirements.
- Train US staff on CEGID when needed.
Profil du candidat
- Education - Experience
- Master’s degree in accounting/finance.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a finance managerial position with internal control and HR/admin responsibilities.
- Experience in an international audit firm is a plus.
- Knowledge and skills requirements
- Rigorous, organized, autonomous and trustworthy.
- Multi-disciplined and team player.
- Possess a forward-thinking work ethic to provide guidance to management and drive the business forward.
- Able to critically analyze operational issues and offer resourceful solutions.
- Used to working with deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of IT systems and Hermes IT tools.