Senior Manager - Public Relations
- Type de contrat : CDI
- Pays : Etats-Unis
- Ville : New York
- Métier : Communication, Presse, RP, Médias
- Expérience : Minimum 3 ans
Présentation de la société
Hermès was founded in 1837 as a maker of harnesses and saddles. Six generations of enterprising artisans have opened up new domains and conquered new markets imbued with respect for the past and enthusiasm for the future. A family owned company; Hermès is managed by Chief Executive Officer Axel Dumas, a member of the sixth generation of the family. The artistic direction is led by Pierre-Alexis Dumas, also a member of the sixth generation. An Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Hermès of Paris Inc. that applicants for employment are recruited, selected and hired on the basis of individual merit and ability with respect to positions being filled and potential for promotion or transfer which may be expected to develop. Applicants are recruited, selected and hired without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. In addition, personnel procedures and practices with regard to training, promotion, transfer, compensation, demotion, layoff or termination are to be administered with due regard to job performance, experience, and qualifications, but without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hermès of Paris, Inc. also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
- Responsible for management of dynamic earned media activations for Hermes métiers including all Women’s Collections, Beauty & Influencer Engagement.
- Support VP Press & Influence in executing earned media strategy via strategic brand features and qualitative product editorial placement across all national & regional media channels: print, digital, social & broadcast. Manage active media list and contacts with all relevant editors and reporters.
- Pursue proactive press opportunities & manage reactive press requests in A-List target media. Coordinate and supervise public relation activities that facilitate communication of the company’s key messages and initiatives both internally and externally.
- Oversee the daily activities of the Public Relations Coordinator and interns which include trafficking of press samples, inventory process, invoice processing and coding, maintenance of showroom presentation, collation of ad value reports and coordination of event itineraries.
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Develop and executive strong, dynamic and strategic product editorial placement, in-depth feature story and event coverage in top tier national and regional publications and newspapers and key digital media outlets in support of increased brand visibility and awareness.
Support key initiatives and activations with strategy in alignment with brand messaging, business goals and 360-degree activation. Generate and develop press releases and asset pool in collaboration with Paris press team.
Generate innovative and creative earned media exposure that maintains the preeminent positioning of the House and develops new media opportunities for the future that fully personify the heritage and whimsical nature of Hermès.
Manage and secure all national & regional press coverage for product launches, key initiatives, artistic director profiles, brand feature and events by implementing, monitoring and updating press strategy as well as attending local and national events across all métier categories.
Secure multipage product feature stories to support global and local activations, key initiatives and product launches.
Maintain daily contact with press/editors and manage press requests; prioritize press requests based on press strategy.
Work with VP of Press and Influence in influence outreach and relationship development as required to support key brand initiatives, securing influencer attendance at events and achieving organic social media engagement in alignment with 360-degree communication approach.
Work directly with US boutique directors and merchants to identify key seasonal products to push via curated editorial strategy across a layered media approach.
Attend bi-annual Podium in Paris: prepare all organizational elements for the trip.
Attend and oversee seating for US media at bi-annual fashion shows.
Attend and host hospitality programming at all national and regional horse shows supported by the brand.
Manage internal yearly budget in collaboration with Finance team.
Serve as liaison with external agencies to ensure project goals are met and timetable/budget parameters are kept.
Coordinate with Paris press office relevant métier specific activity and events.
Manage and oversee day-to-day activities performed by Public Relations Coordinator and Interns: Maintain Public Relations department contact lists, monitor press samples and inventory, etc.
Supervisory Responsibility: YES - Manages Public Relations Coordinator and Interns
Budget Responsibility: NO
Decision Making Responsibility: YES - Manage relationships with market editors, design editors and feature writers. Develop relationships with digital media players.
Profil du candidat
- Minimum Years Experience:
- 4-6 years experience in similar role. Women's Fashion PR experience, preferred
- Educational Background:
- BA or equivalent
- Preferred Skills:
- Understanding of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge with Social Media
- Pitching experience a must
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office & PowerPoint
- Strong written skills
- Articulate verbal communication
- Overall understanding and general interest in media industry happenings
- Appreciation of cultural organization/institutions