Footwear Engineering Assistant
- Type de contrat : CDI
- Pays : Royaume-Uni
- Ville : Northampton
- Métier : Méthodes, Dvt Technique, R&D, Innovation
- Expérience : Débutants acceptés
Présentation de la société
JL&Co is a John Lobb entity composed of following sites:
• A Northampton Production site (approximately 1 hour away from London):
o Westminster Works building: Shoemaking production historical building,
o An Office & Warehouse location in the same street, called Chaucer Court,
o A Factory Shop, also at Chaucer Court,
o An overflow storage facility, in a street nearby called Moore Street.
• 1 store in London.
• 4 stores in the USA.
• And a network of about 100 outlets around the world as part of the John Lobb Group.
- • Take development patterns and industrialise them for bulk production.
- • Working with the Procam software package, provide files to enable:
- i. Acrylic patterns for hand clicking to be made in-house using a laser cutter
- ii. Direct cutting on an automatic cutting machine
- iii. Production of bulk tooling such as stitch-marking patterns, dies etc.
- • Follow through initial samples to troubleshoot and improve patterns as required.
- • Contribute to the efficiency of the factory by improving product engineering on new and existing styles.
- • Engineer archived styles to ensure that they are stored digitally to protect them for future use.
Élément de contexte
This is a technical role, requiring the willingness and ability to learn fast and work using your own initiative. The ability to work both as part of a team and individually is essential. You will be responsible for taking an initial paper standard and engineering that using computer software to generate plastic patterns using a laser cutter which are then used by the factory. As part of this process you must learn how to grade the patterns (grading is controlling the increase or decrease in the pattern per shoe size). You will also be responsible for assisting with any other tooling up necessary, set up of the bill of materials and work ticket data for each style and made to order styles, management of wear trials and their feedback and organizing any necessary physical and chemical testing.
• Working alongside the Development Team from an early stage of the product development cycle.
• CAD pattern generation.
• Assist in the grading of bulk patterns and tooling up.
• Follow through initial trials to test patterns and eradicate any production issues.
• Involvement in fit sessions and giving constructive feedback.
• Set up of made to order and by request products including the bill of materials and work tickets.
• Organising paperwork and feedback for wear trials.
• Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned.
Profil du candidat
- Education and Experience:
- • 2+ years’ experience in a similar technical role would be preferable
- • Experience within the shoe industry is essential
- • Experience with CADCAM software specific to the shoe industry (knowledge of Procam Dimensions preferred but, in any case, a willingness to learn this software is essential).
- • Formal, relevant qualifications preferred but not essential (Fashion, Footwear etc)
- • SAFT qualification a benefit but not essential.
- Personal Skills and Attributes:
- • Positive attitude and self-motivated.
- • Confident using specialised software packages and Excel.
- • Strong planning skills and a highly organised approach to work.
- • Ability to meet demanding deadlines.
- • Calmness under pressure.
- • High standards of professionalism, within own work and work expected of others.
- • High attention to technical detail.
- • Excellent spoken and written communication skills.