Senior Manager - Paralegal
- Type de contrat : CDI
- Pays : Etats-Unis
- Ville : New York
- Métier : Juridique
- Expérience : Minimum 6 ans
Présentation de la société
Hermès was founded in 1837 as a maker of harnesses and saddles. Six generations of enterprising artisans have opened up new domains and conquered new markets imbued with respect for the past and enthusiasm for the future. A family owned company; Hermès is managed by Chief Executive Officer Axel Dumas, a member of the sixth generation of the family. The artistic direction is led by Pierre-Alexis Dumas, also a member of the sixth generation. An Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Hermès of Paris Inc. that applicants for employment are recruited, selected and hired on the basis of individual merit and ability with respect to positions being filled and potential for promotion or transfer which may be expected to develop. Applicants are recruited, selected and hired without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. In addition, personnel procedures and practices with regard to training, promotion, transfer, compensation, demotion, layoff or termination are to be administered with due regard to job performance, experience, and qualifications, but without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hermès of Paris, Inc. also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
- Functional Responsibility
- Prepare lease abstracts and track lease obligations.
- Confirm year end rental adjustments and reconciliations in leases.
- Respond to requests for estoppels from landlords and coordinate delivery of SNDAs.
- Supervise completion and filing of non-disclosure agreements.
- Manage and maintain legal forms database and update as needed.
- Creating, editing, revising, proofreading and redlining documents (including legal contracts, agreements, letters, and other legal correspondence).
- Supervise subpoenas and other legal process received by company and coordinate response.
- Assist in the development of other legal projects, programs, and procedures aimed at realizing strategic goals for efficient functioning of legal department.
- Supervisory Responsibility - NO
- Budget Responsibility - NO
- Decision Making Responsibility - NO
Profil du candidat
- Minimum Years of Experience
- 5-10 years paralegal experience working in a legal department of an inhouse real estate or retail company or large/mid-size NYC law firm servicing retail clients.
- Minimum Education Requirement
- BA Degree
- Paralegal Certificate and Notary a plus.
- Preferred Skills
- Solid understanding of leasing documents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and research skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop collaborative relationships at all levels and departments of the company.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology (i.e. Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook)
- Demonstrated success managing multiple projects and competing priorities while balancing needs for quality and deadlines.
- Must possess sound judgment and critical thinking skills, ability to manage multiple projects and administer variety of tasks in a fast-paced department.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Must handle confidential matters with utmost discretion.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills; evidence of self-motivation; demonstrated ability to plan, schedule and work both independently and in teams with service-oriented organization.
- Experience in real estate and retail leasing preferred.