Shoe Operative - Closing
- Type de contrat : CDI
- Pays : Royaume-Uni
- Ville : Northampton
- Métier : Manufactures-Artisanat
- Expérience : Minimum 3 ans
Présentation de la société
For more than 150 years, John Lobb has prided itself in upholding the highest standards and levels of craftsmanship and design in the creation of hand-made shoes and boots for men.
A company of the Hermes group since 1976, the bespoke footwear is still hand-crafted in our workshop in Paris while the ready to wear collections are manufactured in our Northampton factory.
John Lobb owns a distribution network that includes twenty stores established in eight countries, and works with a highly selective network of partners and authorized retailers around the world.
- To fit and machine the prepared work load to form the basis of a shoe upper. To engage in a range of production activities working as a team and as an individual to aid in meeting the production objectives in terms of quality and quantity in an effective manner.
• To be fully competent in all aspects of machining a shoe upper.
• To be fully competent/or a willingness to learn all aspects of fitting a shoe upper.
• Work as part of a team and on an individual basis working to obtain the daily/weekly targets ensuring quality is at the highest standard.
• Able to prioritise the work to meet production needs.
• Be prepared to flex daily work load if required to take account of exceptional events, such as urgent tickets, machine break-downs, lack of materials, etc. and communicate to relevant Team Leader / Supervisor.
• Liaise with the Team Leader and/or Supervisor to address specific quality or production problems.
• Ensure departmental machinery and equipment is in good working order and any problems are reported to the Team Leader and/or Supervisor.
Profil du candidat
- • Previous experience in the shoe industry or similar is desired
- • Previous machining and/or fitting experience is advantageous
- • Exceptional attention to detail
- • Ability to train others once fully trained
- • Self-motivated
- • High standards of workmanship within own work
- • Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- • A responsible and conscientious attitude
- • Calmness under pressure
- • The ability to respect confidential company or personal information