Junior Technical Development Assistant
- Type de contrat : CDI
- Pays : Royaume-Uni
- Ville : Northampton
- Métier : Méthodes, Dvt Technique, R&D, Innovation
- Expérience : Débutants acceptés
Présentation de la société
For more than 150 years, John Lobb has prided itself in upholding the highest standards and levels of craftsmanship and design in the creation of hand-made shoes and boots for men.
A company of the Hermes group since 1976, the bespoke footwear is still hand-crafted in our workshop in Paris while the ready to wear collections are manufactured in our Northampton factory.
John Lobb owns a global distribution network that includes twenty stores established in eight countries, and works with a highly selective network of partners and authorized retailers around the world.
Élément de contexte
The Junior Technical Development Assistant will work with the Technical Development Manager and Product Development Team to translate product designs from concept through to samples and then bulk production. Through good knowledge of design principles and pattern making techniques, the Assistant will support the organisation in bringing new designs to completion and in product re-engineering to enhance quality, reduce cost and the development of skills in production.
• Assistant to the Technical Development Manager, supporting with seasonal welted collections across men’s and women’s ready to wear, plus any new product developments.
• Creating 3D mock-up/ 3D CAD designs
o Following the initial meeting with Artistic Director, a 3D mock-up to be created based on the design by either drawing on the last, 3D CAD design or sectional leather piece
• Pattern engineering
o Creating patterns for a design
o Working with 2D CAD engineers for patterns to be created for bulk production
• Producing prototypes by cutting pieces from leather, working with the machinists to close the uppers, then last the shoe
• Engineer patterns for bulk production and order necessary tools to produce the style.
• Work ticket creation
o Create specification to produce the style in the factory
• Work with factory production team to complete samples correctly and smoothly.
• Technical assistant for creating production documents such as:
o Closing preparation routing
o Skiving routing
o Edge stain routing
o Closing routing
o Quality documents
o Closing samples
• Assistant for any additional ad hoc development projects
Profil du candidat
- • Experience in a similar role would be ideal
- • 3D CAD shoe design skills (PROCAM would be ideal)
- • French and/or Italian speaking would be advantageous
- • Excellent written and verbal English communication
- • Basic shoe making/design knowledge
- • Passionate about shoemaking with an interest in producing high quality, beautifully created products
- • Good IT skills
- • Team player, whilst being self-motivated
- • Innovative