Store Manager - Factory Shop
- Type de contrat : CDI
- Pays : Royaume-Uni
- Ville : Northampton
- Métier : Magasins-Vente
- Expérience : Minimum 3 ans
Présentation de la société
For more than 150 years, John Lobb has prided itself in upholding the highest standards and levels of craftsmanship and design in the creation of hand-made shoes and boots for men.
A company of the Hermes group since 1976, the bespoke footwear is still hand-crafted in our workshop in Paris while the ready to wear collections are manufactured in our Northampton factory.
John Lobb owns a global distribution network that includes twenty stores established in eight countries, and works with a highly selective network of partners and authorized retailers around the world.
- In coordination with the Europe and Middle East Commercial team, the Store Manager will deal with John Lobb’s discerning clientele. In charge of internal procedures, they will follow the John Lobb standards at all times. The position entails involvement in all aspects of daily shop life, including dealing with stock and deliveries, after-care services, sales reports, rejects and repairs follow-up, customer communication and administrative tasks.
Élément de contexte
Our Northampton Factory includes a factory shop that sells discontinued models and rejected pairs. The Store Manager will follow the John Lobb standards in serving customers and will lead as well as participate in all the operations related to the store. While reporting to the UK Retail Manager, they will be in charge of the impeccable running of the store and supervising Factory Shop employees.
Reporting to the UK Retail Manager, the Store Manager will lead and participate in the below:
1. Sales floor operations:
• Serve customers and offer advice on shoes, shoe care and accessories. Offer excellent customer service, develop and maximise sales opportunities whilst ensuring customer retention.
• Process repairs for shoes bought worldwide and in need of a full resoling: process the shoes off and on system, confirm the expected shipment dates to the stores. Coordinate with the factory and the logistics department to ensure that deadlines are met and keep the customers informed of any delay.
• Coordinating all sales events/projects that impact the Factory Shop.
• Develop an in-depth knowledge of all John Lobb’s products: their features and benefits.
• Ensure that in store displays are constantly reviewed, kept fresh, relevant and attractive at all times.
• Deal with customer queries and correspondence in a timely manner; answer query emails from customers regarding opening times and available stock.
• Process phone and email orders and send them to the customer after bank transfer payments.
• Process the internal employee’s orders and follow the use of their allowances in the strict respect of internal rules; make sure they sign the requested forms.
• Follow the sales trend with the appropriate indicators and propose sales initiatives to meet your monthly sales target;
• Contribute to the compilation, maintenance and utilisation of an accurate customer database in support of CRM initiatives.
• Be proactive to suggest and participate in excellent aftersales and sales support activities.
2. Stock and back office management:
• Produce daily transaction sheets for the accounts department
• Manage the banking and cashing up on a daily basis including all reconciliations and financial reporting.
• Weekly and monthly reporting on both sales and store performance to the UK Retail Manager
• Manage the stocktake twice a year (both stock in the shop and in the warehouse)
• Keep a detailed database of stock and sales in Cegid; produce ad hoc reports when required
• Process rejects: check the shoes against daily reject sheet (check they match the sheet and how bad the defect is), enter the shoes onto the database, stamp the shoes to show reject, box and label then put into the shop or warehouse.
• Maintain a constant knowledge of the stock that is available in the store and elsewhere; ensure that stock is properly stored and handled and bring stock issues to the attention of the Manager. Participate in the stock receiving and maintenance processes.
• Help to refine and improve internal systems to ensure efficient operations.
• Answer the phone and the door buzzer when needed
• Potential stand in for the Factory Receptionist
• Take part of security activities within the company’s guidelines and ensure, as far as practicable, that stock or other property is not put at unnecessary risk.
• Liaise with the wider John Lobb team as necessary in support of the store’s requirements.
• Undertake projects and responsibilities at the direction of the UK Retail Manager.
• Responsible for delivering training to all new staff in the Factory Shop, including agency workers.
• Ensure the Factory Shop remains compliant with all GDPR regulations, for example customer data.
Profil du candidat
- · Previous experience in a retail background, at a managerial level would be advantageous
- · Exceptional customer service skills
- · Excellent spoken communication skills
- · Spirit of co-operation within and between departments; ability to create a friendly environment
- · Responsible and conscientious attitude; organized, rigorous and ability to work with autonomy
- · Not afraid of physical work
- · Good knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel), knowledge of Cegid would be a plus
- · Some experience of retail administration. A basic understanding of CRM, databases and e-commerce would be a plus.