Vice President of Finance
- Type of position : Regular position
- Country : United States of America
- City : New York
- Craft : Finance & Tax
- Experience : more than 10 years
- The Vice President of Finance is responsible for driving the financial planning and accounting operations of the company. The key responsibilities of this role include and are not limited to the accurate and timely reporting of the quarterly and annual Group IFRS reporting and the production of periodic financial reports and memos, ensuring financial goals and objectives are met and communicated, and monitoring the overall financial performance by measuring results, managing the annual planning and quarterly forecasting cycle, and evaluating budgets. Additionally, this position will monitor all insurance, tax, treasury and inventory control related matters.
- The Vice President of Finance will partner with other corporate departments to support financial process improvements, advise operational leader regarding the impact of any decisions on overall financial stability and P&L, and conduct internal and external benchmarking to support metrics-based decisions.
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Supervises the accounting team and manages all functions of the accounting department including general accounting, accounts receivables, accounts payable and sales audit.
Managers relationship(s) with external statutory auditors.
Ensures compliance with all appropriate accounting and government regulations.
Consistently analyzes financial data and presents financial reports in an accurate and timely manner. Clearly communicates monthly, quarterly and annually financial statements; monitors progress and changes while keeping senior management abreast of the company's financial status.
Completes tax returns and transfer pricing documentation.
Builds and maintains a strong relationship with tax auditors/IRS/Hermes International tax department.
Manages the Abandoned & Unclaimed Property project.
Performs tax audits.
Supervises the treasury team and activities such as payments, bank reconciliations, cash forecasts, and monthly group reporting.
Upholds bank signatory responsibility (category 3).
Manages relationships with local insurance brokers, Hermes International Insurance department, management of all insurance claims & filings, and store insurance visits.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Manages and oversees budget and financial closing reporting processes. Partners with corporate, stores and wholesale directors to ensure that they receive assistance in budget preparation, review of actuals against budgets, actions and recommendations.
Inventory management (controls and recommendations on aged inventory, review and analysis of inventory on hand, rotation and reserve follow up by store and metier for Retail and Warehouse, OTB review & Projections, review transfers).
Review Margins (regular retail, discounted, wholesale) by store and by metier with analysis of variances towards budget and last year.
Preparation of CapEx review and reporting and periodic cost controls in partnership with the Construction team.
Supervises all inventory-related activities, including annual inventory, cycle counts, manual movements and inventory corrections.
Public & Employee Sale Operations
Manages all exceptional public and employee sale operations; supervises proper stocks transfer, relationships with outsourcing company, operational planning aspects such as logistics and security.
Other Non-recurring Projects
Group transversal projects (for ex. new systems implementation)
Represents the Company at the Corporate office building Board Meetings
Optimizes the company's reporting processes (budgeting software "Tm1", monthly review of company P&L with CFO, etc.)
YES - Direct Reports: Assistant Controller, Senior Treasury Manager, Director of FP&A, Inventory Control Manager.
This position is accounting for overall supervision of the Accounting and Finance departments.
YES - Fully responsible for the Accounting, Financial Planning and Public Sale P&Ls.
Decision Making Responsibility
YES - Recruitment and staffing. Application and creation of financial policy and procedures.
- Minimum Years of Experience
- 15+ years of relevant experience for a major company / division of a large corporation, preferably in a similar industry/environment.
- Minimum Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Certified Public Account (CPA) or equivalent is a plus.
- IFRS GAAP knowledge is a plus.
- Preferred Skills
- Strong ethics, integrity, and credibility.
- Demonstrated ability to build successful relationships and collaborate effectively across departments to meet mutual objectives.
- Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, training and retaining a diverse team.
- Foresight and ability to delegate accordingly.
- Team leader; ability to create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Significant budgeting, forecasting and operational financial/accounting experience with private, high growth organizations.
- Passion for process or system enhancements and operational excellence.
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced, client-serviced oriented culture where multi-tasking and hands-on collaboration and communication are critical to success.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- SAP knowledge