Special Events Coordinator
- Type of position : Regular position
- Country : United States of America
- City : NYC
- Craft : Communication, PR, Medias
- Experience : 0-3 years
Hermès of Paris
- Position Overview:
- Reporting to the Senior Manager of Special Events the Special Event Coordinator plays an integral role in supporting all event activity by providing assistance to the Director and Managers within the department. The Coordinator is responsible for logistical duties assigned by the Director and Managers as well as all small-scale regional events including but not limited to: holiday activations, craftsmen events, personalization events (ie: fragrance engraving, leather embossing) and press events. The Coordinator is also responsible for managing the the special events master budget and submitting, recording and processing all invoices and keeping up to date spending records. The coordinator also tracks all event inventory and materials, manages charitable donations, creates post-event recaps, archives all event photos and communication tools/collateral, and manages invitation mailing lists and RSVPs. The Coordinator manages the internship program and is liaison between Special Events department and all other HOP departments.
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Support all special event activity by coordinating and executing all logistical tasks assigned by Director and Managers including but not limited to: communicating with vendor, coordinating with warehouse on inventory movements, creating logistical charts, managing on-site contracts.
Oversee and manage the event department budget process including but not limited to: following all accounting, finance and internal audit requirements related to setting up all new vendors, processing, tracking and recording all invoices and budgets and maintaining an accurate and up-to-date event invoice leger at all times.
Plan and execute all details of all small-scale in-store events (under 50 guests) from start to finish, and communicate all event details and logistics clearly to respective store associates.
Organize, track and maintain records of all inventory items belonging to the Special Events department including past and present props, materials, porcelain, crystal and archives housed in the corporate offices, off-site warehouses, or external vendors.
Create and update all event guideline documents for all in-store regional events.
Create, edit and print all event recaps and year event recap books. Upload and manage all event photo archives.
Meet with Director and Managers of Special Events to review monthly budget and interal Cegid inventory status.
Act as point person for all event mailing lists, RSVP lists and in-house invitation mailing. Includes checking the RSVP line daily, updating and formatting all mailing lists and organize fulfillment and distribution invites.
Keep up to date records of all printed materials (invitations, programs, menus) and collect, maintain and organize and store all department archives.
Manage and coordinate all charitable donation requests and approvals.
Delegate necessary tasks to the Special Events interns and manage accordingly.
Provide updates to Director and Managers on a regular basis on all delegated tasks. Practicing timely follow-up and anticipating department needs.
YES - Supervises Special Events Interns and all event vendors (caterers, installers, entertainment, security, etc.)
YES - Processes, tracks and records all submitted events invoices and maintains an accurate and up-to-date Master Events budget. Master Budget guidelines are set annually by the finance/accounting/internal audit departments as well as the Senior Director of Events.
Decision Making Responsibility - NO
- Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum Years of Experience
- 1-2 years of experience in a full-time position, including at least 1 year of relevant event planning experience.
- Minimum Education Requirement
- College degree.
- Preferred Skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of principal event planning skills.
- Excellent budget management skills and proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Possess a strong work ethic and be an enthusiastic team player
- Ability to prioritize heavy workload
- Excellent organization skills
- Must be flexible to travel, as needed
- Work well and be flexible in high stress situations
- Strong attention to detail
- Be a resourceful problem-solver
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and eager to learn
- High ability to to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient computer skills, knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
- Proficient negotiation skills