Chief Financial Officer - Hermès Turkey (W/M)
- Type of position : Regular position
- Country : Turkey
- City : Istanbul, Turkey
- Craft : Finance & Tax
- Experience : more than 10 years
Hermès was born in Paris in 1837 as a laboratory of harnesses and saddles for horses: since then, six generations of artisans have explored new crafts, animated by a creative impulse, combined with beautiful and processed with care material.
Today Hermès is an international group committed to innovation in a subtle harmony between past, present and future. It is a company founded on high standard values of dedication to excellence and authenticity of its objects. An independent family house that pursues its French artisan tradition: Hermès creates, sells and manufactures beautiful, useful and durable objects.
The company brings together more than 12.000 employees in 50 countries.
- Chief Financial Officer will be a very active and important actor in the structuring of the Turkey Subsidiary.
- CFO will manage:
- - the fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities of Hermes Turkiye as well as development of the Company financial plan aligned with the company strategy and operations.
- - Responsibilities include leading the accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, financial control and internal control, administrative functions.
- - Ensure the department provides value added reporting and analysis to key business partner(s) – Country Manager, Store Management.
- - Ensure fluid relationships with Italie headquarters and Europe zone.
- - Also, responsible for compliance programs, insurance, contracting with third parties and owning the relationship with Hermès Italie IT and Central IT on the local execution of IT functions.
- This position is new and first mission will be to analyze and propose a new relevant finance &IT organization to support future growth and secure company assets.
- Hermès Turkiye covers currently three stores in Istanbul.
- The administrative and accounting team in the subsidiary consists of two people: one Administrative an Finance Manager + one person is from outsourced accounting firm.
- Lead, supervise and coach the financial team (internal & external partners).
- Define priorities, organize work, delegate tasks as needed, set individual objectives, assess performance and recruit when requires.
- Ensure provision of value added reporting to key business partner(s) – Country Manager, Store management.
- Establish and implement short-and long-range departmental goals and operating procedures.
- Act as a key member of the management team, liaise with Hermes Italie & HI key departments.
Planning, Budgeting and Reporting
- Provide timely and quality reports based on group and Europe deadlines.
- Build the Annual Budget, reestimates and 3 years plan in close relation with Country Manager and present to Hermès Italie.
- Create and monitor adequate KPI’s, reports to manage the activity.
- Alert in case of variances versus budget and recommend relevant actions to close the gaps.
- In case of devaluation, hyper-inflation, or any political & economic event in the country, the individual must alert, react and propose management decisions in order to preserve and protect the Group and subsidiary’ interest.
- Collaborate with the intl. Merchandising team on the preparation of the OTB .
- Build the Store Business plans in case of opening or renovation.
In close collaboration with our accounting external partner:
- Manage full Cycle Accounting and closing process.
- Ensure that the accounting closings show a true picture of the company results and assets and liabilities.
- Ensure that the accounts are consistent with the Group’s overall accounting principles.
- Drive the efficiency and accuracy of all accounting processes.
- Ensure quality reports to all partners: HI, municipality, government.
- Ensure compliance with IFRS standards and local GAAPS.
- Ensure all stakeholders are paid in due time (employees, suppliers, government …).
- Ensure that the level of treasury of the subsidiary is adequate according to the cash needs together with the Group Treasury Department (dividend distribution, loan …).
- Maintain regular relationships with the local banks or credit card companies according to the Group Treasury Department’s rules, and negotiates conditions, in line with overall contracts negotiated at a Group level.
- Benchmark local existing solutions and provide stores with up to date & innovative services for payment acceptance and ensure corporate validation.
- In collaboration with Group Treasury Department & Group Legal Department, up-date prudential rules and authorized banks.
- - 10 years of progressive finance management experience.
- - CPA or MBA.
- - Strong technical accounting, budgeting, planning and financial reporting experience.
- - Proven leadership skills.
- - Flexible and hands on operational manager.
- - Superior written, verbal and interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work with all people at all levels of the organization.
- - Strong organization skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines and be proactive in finding solutions.
- - Team player with a business partnering approach - Strong Excel and computer skills. Experience with SAP a significant asset.
- - Fluent in English (both spoken written), Turkish and French would be a plus.